Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The End is Just The Beginining

Earlier today I wrote "the end" on Book 4 in The Stone Society series. I cannot wait for this book to be out in the cosmos for everyone to read. It's heartbreaking with a side of happily ever after.

For me, the hardest part about writing is editing. I write whatever pops in my head until I get to "the end" and then I go back and read the story. Sometimes I love what I've written, and sometimes I think what the fuck? Sometimes my editors ask me what the fuck? It's those moments I know the words have to either come out, or totally be revamped.

Today, I wrote the end and looked at my word count. 99,986.  I knew that wouldn't last. As soon as I remembered a few things I meant to write, it was over 100,000.  To me, that's a lot of words considering my first book in the series that introduced the story and characters came in under 80,000.
So tonight I'll take a step back, reach for a book totally out of my genre, and chill. Or cry. The book is supposed to make me cry ugly. I hate crying ugly, but I so love Sandrine Gasq Dion's books.

Burgers on the grill, cold beer in my hand. Later, lots of tissues.  Tomorrow, back to Frey.


No comments:

Post a Comment