Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Ghost in the Water is Live

The Ghost in the Water, Samuel Dexter, Book 2 is Live. This book was a long time coming. Over a year,  in fact. The original premise came to me in a dream, and that's how Cindy was brought to life. Or death, since she's a little ghost. I knew the book would be MM, but I didn't know it would be about an interracial couple. And I didn't know I would fall so hard for these two guys. Dex and Orlando are so very real to me. Their lives, their struggles, everything about them, I feel deeply. When it came time to write book 2, they weren't ready because I wasn't ready. I was sitting down to write this sappy, easy-going story, and that's not where they were. Of course, they got through most of their struggles, but it didn't start off that way. When I was ready to listen, they were ready to talk.
Book 2 picks up where book 1 left off, and the mysteries withiin their stories were intriguing to me. I had the idea for one of the characters for months, but it took a bit of research before i was ready to write about a person with Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly known as multiple personalities). I didn't want the whole focus of the book to be on that character, but I wanted to understand it enough to make her seem real. I hope I did Lindy justice.
If you like MM mysteries, I hope you'll take a chance on these books.
Amazon    Kobo    iTunes    Barnes & Noble
A M/M Mystery
A Marine who can’t remember. A detective who wants him to forget. It’ll take them both to catch a serial killer.
There’s a serial killer in Robins, Alabama, and he’s targeting women who look like the missing young woman Samuel Dexter and his PI mentor, Jillian, are searching for. As Sam trains to become a Private Investigator, he is also learning more about being a medium. During his missing persons case, two ghosts contact Sam, allowing him to put both new sets of skills to use.
In Orlando Shaw’s years as a detective in small town Robins, he’s never come up against a serial killer. Until now. The killer is smart, leaving only the most elusive clues behind. Orlando has always relied on his team, but as the killer continues to evade capture, Orlando turns to the one person who has connections beyond his reach - his lover, Sam.
Navigating the rough waters of their reunion, Sam and Orlando learn there is give and take in a relationship. The love they felt as teens is gone, replaced with a more mature love, and it will take compromise by both men to make it work.
With the help of his little ghost, Cindy, Sam embraces his new gifts as together they help solve another crime.
The Ghost in the Water is book 2 in the Samuel Dexter Series. These books are written to be read in order.




No comments:

Post a Comment