Thursday, January 1, 2015

my resolution...

As 2014 comes to a close, I am looking forward to the New Year. As I sat and thought about what my resolution would be, I decided to hope more. I resolve to hope, every day, that love will shine through. I hope that compassion will replace prejudice. I hope that love will replace hate. I hope that smiles will replace tears. I hope that giving will replace taking. I hope that peace replaces fighting. I hope that parents love their children, unconditionally. I hope that children remember their parents are getting older every day. I hope that instead of looking at someone with disdain, people will open their hearts and see the person inside. I hope that full bellies replace hunger. I hope that soldiers return home and instead of feeling lost, they are nurtured back into a non-war society. I hope that everyone realizes that love is love and you should be able to love whomever you want, regardless of sex or color. I hope that hope replaces helplessness. I hope that everyone pays it forward because you always have something to share, even if it’s a smile or a kind word. This year, in 2015, I resolve to hope.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment